What causes dizziness in the morning?

Cardiologist
Question
i wake up in the morning with slight dizziness that goes away after 10-15 minutes
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms could be related to chronic degeneration of the cervical vertebral column or a wrong position during sleeping.

For this reason, I would recommend trying to correct your posture and use an orthopedic pillow. Performing some physical exercise that help reinforce your back muscles would also help.

A cervical spine X ray study is necessary to investigate for chronic degeneration of the cervical spine.

Anyway, you should know that your symptoms are not indicative of any serious medical disorder.

Regarding your blood pressure values, I would recommend continue taking Hydrochlorothiazide, in order to maintain your blood pressure values below 140 mm Hg.

Regarding your heart rate values, I would explain that they are within the normal ranges and you have nothing to worry about.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri