What causes dizziness followed by pale face and buzzing sounds in ear?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
My daughter turned 11 today. This morning she was getting ready for camp and she was normal, great mood excited about a performance she was doing today. As I was doing her hair, she said she felt dizzy and she got very pale, blacked out, fell into my arms and I laid her on the couch. The entire incident must have been no longer than 10 seconds. By the time I got her to the couch, she was awake and aware..she asked what happened? then she said "what is that noise" I asked "what noise, what does it sound like?" she said it sounded like buzzing. It too went away after a few seconds. The paramedics arrived and took all her vitals and tested her blood sugar....all of which were ok. She has never had anything wrong and has never been on any kind of medication.
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be aseisure or rhythm disturbance

Detailed Answer:
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
By what you quote I feel it could be -
1. A form of seizure
2. A rhythm abnormality of the heart p conduction abnormality.
3. A transient ischemic attack of the brain - few seconds cut off of blood supply.

Have a few questions -
1. Is there any history of seizures in the family?
2. Did she experience any of this symptoms before?
3. Is there any history of such black outs or rhythm disturbances of heart in the family?

Kindly get back with the answers.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,

Follow-up: What causes dizziness followed by pale face and buzzing sounds in ear? 13 hours later
No
NO
NO

Should we wait for her Dr appointment on tuedsay or take to a urgent care place now? She has never had any thing wrong, sick or been to the doctor for anything for awhile now.

Brief Answer:
You can wait if she is normally behaving now

Detailed Answer:
Hi...thanks for your trust in me.

2 options -

1. If her behaviour is normal - you can wait till Tuesday, but when you go there you need to discuss with the doctor about the possibilities I put forth.

2. If at any point of time before Tuesday's appointment, she get that sort of episode again - I suggest you take her to emergency room again.

I wish your kid a speedy recovery. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link. Please find the link below.
www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696