What causes dizziness during pregnancy despite having normal MRI?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have been falling dizzy for 6 months now it feels like I'm on a boat and sometimes I get shooting pains in some spots on my head and recently I'm having Nasea. I have done an MRI which came back clear and I have seen an ENT doctor and I had nothing with my ears and i have done blood works which came back ok so I'm wondering what's wrong ? It all started when I was pregnant and now that I delivered I still face the same issue
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Blood pressure monitoring.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

Since there were normal tests results, it is necessary to clarify if there were blood pressure issues during pregnancy such preeclampsia.

It is also necessary to evaluate the current blood pressure status by measuring it regularly for few days.

A 24 hours Holter monitoring of your blood pressure and heart rhythm is more accurate in evaluating blood pressure changes as a possibility.

If blood pressure changes are excluded after this evaluation, neurological disorders such vestibular migraine for example, should be considered.

These issues should be discussed with your primary care Doctor.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina