• question-icon

What causes dizziness, chest muscle pain, headache and ringing in ears?

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 in Elderly Problems
Question: I have dizziness. My muscles in my chest ache. I have these symptoms for over a year. I have headaches. I am 60 years old. I have ringing in my ear. I thought I might have an inner ear infection but that came back negative. I have a good appetite, have no weight change, no change in toilet habits. I have an extremely stressful job (own my own business).
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stress is the most important factor....

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concern.

Stress is an important cause to tension headaches. However, if I was your caring doctor would advise to rule out organic issues first:
- cardiovascular (hypertension-by measuring your blood pressure, ECG)
- muscular skeletal pain after complete physical examination especially if your job requires sitting for long periods
- lung problems through chest x-ray

Tingling in the ear could be due to oscillations in blood pressure or inner ear problems other then infection.

Spondyloarthrosis is also to consider.

I advise to take a vacation and give time to your body for a rest. This will help with your current health problems.

For the moment, I advise to monitor your blood pressure and take analgesic like ibuprofen. Have your meals regularly and keep well hydrated.

Hope it was of help.
Dr.Albana
Dr. Albana Sejdini