What causes discomfort feeling and diarrhea post immunization?

Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
My son is two and a half months old. He just got his 2 month immunizations 2 days ago. One of the immunizations and gave him diarrhea, which only lasted one night. He's being really fussy and starts crying for no reason. He is a baby that never cries except from when he is hungry so it concerns me. He had a bowel movement yesterday mid morning, but has not had one since then. I need to know how long until I need to take him to the emergency room or the doctor
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Immunizations

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I just read through your question.

It is not unusual for babies to exhibit certain mild reactions after receiving immunizations. These could include irritability, low grade fever, diarrhea, etc.. Typically, these reactions can occur within the first 2-3 days after receiving the immunizations. Treatments include cool compresses to the injection sites and/or infant Tylenol.

If symptoms persist beyond 2-3 days, it's worth consulting with your doctor. There we s no need to go to an ER for this. However, a phone call to your doctor and , iny opinion, a visit and exam, is warranted.