What causes difficulty in urinating?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Problem in urination, taking time while urination
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need evaluation...

Detailed Answer:

How long has this problem been?
What other symptoms are noticed - pain/burning sensation/blood stained urine?
Have you investigated this problem / seen a doctor? if yes, what was the cause?

More commonly symptoms such as difficult urination is seen with urinary tract infection. A routine urine analysis and if necessary an ultrasound scan will help us identify it. I would suggest these tests if it wasn't done earlier. You can contact your local doctor / urologist for the same.

Until then, drinking plenty of fluids, maintaining personal hygeine will benefit you.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 11 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
report is clear...

Detailed Answer:

The report is clear. However I do not know if you have any of the mentioned symptoms. We do not treat patient's report. I would still consider the possibility of infection if you have symptoms. Therefore can you answer my questions.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 10 hours later
Q- How long has this problem been?
A- 2 months
Q-What other symptoms are noticed - pain/burning sensation/blood stained urine?
A-Sometime burning when water intake is less
Q--Have you investigated this problem / seen a doctor? if yes, what was the cause?
A-Consult at telephonically

While urination even ever finishing the same feel like sensation of urination, if I wait for some more time urinations takes place.

I will contact urologist for the same.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Good to consult an urologist...

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for giving these details.

The described symptoms are not very typical of infection. But it doesn't rule the possibility of infection / inflammation. It's good you are consulting an urologist. In my opinion you might need an ultrasound scan and if necessary a cystoscopy.

Blood sugar and routine hemogram should be ordered too.

Hope this helps.

regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T