What causes delayed periods with negative beta HCG test?

Question
my beta hcg proved negative still l don't have my .menses and am so worried l have never experienced missed periods what can be wrong
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can wait for another week.

Detailed Answer:

I feel you can wait for another week to see how things happen. This is because, you may not yet be due for a period as you had your last normal period on the 2nd of July.

You can repeat the test after another week and also go for a trans-vaginal sonogram. Please do not stress as stress itself can cause irregular cycles by altering the hormonal milieu.

Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.