What causes decline in libido?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Sexual Health
Question: since last 5 yeras have reduced libido.
in ths year no libido at all.
i have no diabt,blood pressure , any heart problerm
suggest medicines to regain libido similar at 25 yr old
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
First cause need to be identified

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX
Thanks for healthcaremagic.

Gradual decline of libido is a significant factor and in such cases there is chance that you are having some organic cause.

Before we proceed I request you to provide following details.

1 Do you have any sexual intercourse in last one year. If yes what was the problem encountered?
2. If yes what was the result of intercourse?
3. Do you get your penis erected while you come out of the bed or in early morning?
4.Do you have erection while watching porn?
5. Do you masturbate, if yes frequency per week?
6. What medication you are taking now? If any provide the details like duration of prescription, doses and reason for prescription
7. Your occupational details.
8. Do you have any chronic stresses in life? If any please elaborate
9. Do you have any recent stress in last one year?
10. Do you suffer from any psychiatric illness like depression or anxiety?

Other than this please get your hormone profile done including serum LH, FSH, Testosterone and TSH as soon as possible.

I hope you will answer these questions in great detail so I can identify cause for loss of libido.
Dr Ashok
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju