What causes coughing, wheezing and breathlessness with minimal exertion?
I want to pay the one off $35's for a Specialist's report and the cursor wont allow it !
Possibility of acute bronchitis and pneumonia is more in your case.
Thanks for your question on HCM.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, in my opinion you are mostly having acute bronchitis.
Recent travel history, coughing, wheezing and breathlessness with minimal exertion, all are favouring acute bronchitis or pneumonia.
And PFT is needed for the diagnosis of bronchitis.
Also ask for chest x ray report. As pneumonia is another possibility and chest x ray is needed to rule out pneumonia.
If chest x ray is normal then get done PFT.
PFT will also tell you about severity of the bronchitis. And treatment of bronchitis is based on severity only.
You may need inhaled bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroid along with drugs you are talking.
So better to consult pulmonologist and discuss all these.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes wheezing in adults
- What causes shortness of breath and wheezing
- What causes chest tightness and wheezing
- What causes wheezing and chest congestion
- How to cure severe cough causing breathless headache and wheezing
- What causes chest discomfort and wheezing
- What causes wheezing breathing sounds
- What causes wheezing along with breathlessness
- Causes of wheezing cough
- What causes productive cough with wheezing