What causes cough, sore throat, headache, ear pain and chills?
Viral respiratory tract infection.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
According to description of your symptoms and your history , you seem to be having viral infection of throat, this causes body pains cough and may cause low grade fever.
Usually viral infections settle by themselves and there is no particular treatment needed for them..All you have to do is to get symptomatic treatment. I would suggest you the following things.
1) Use Tylenol tablet thrice a day, this will relieve your pains and aches plus will control fever if any.
2) Use an over the counter antihistamin tablet like citrizine 10mg daily at night.
3) Use an OTC cough syrup to control cough.
4) Avoid inhalation if cold air.
This is expected to get better by itself in 7..10 days if things keep gettong worse or you start to gwt productive cough or high grade fever , do contact your doctor immediately otherwise there shouldn't be anything to worry about.
I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
Cannot take OTC cough medicine. Dexamathorphan makes me vomit.
Antihistamin will help too.
Hello thanks for writing back,
then just resort to antihistamin it will benefit you sooner or the later. Nad your cough will susbside as the body takes control over the infection.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache and ear pain
- Left ear pain sore throat
- Sore throat causing ear pain
- Ear pain sore throat headache
- Sore throat swallow ear pain
- Ear pain popping sore throat
- What does sore throat and ear pain mean
- Sore throat ear pain symptoms
- Ear pain sore throat swollen glands headach
- Sore throat ear pain headache fast heartbeat