What causes constant pain and irritation in bladder?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: After an uti that didn't respond to antibiotics, I developed chronical bladder pain and frequenty. For halfyear i'm experiencing this problems. Urologist and specialist in IC ruled out IC, since my capicity is good and there is no mast cells found in biopsy. But my problems are still here, making me crazy. Urologist says its a chronical aspecific infection, wich will disappear in time, and has given me a low dose of AB as profylaxe. What to do? When will this be over? Is it because of an occasional wine or coffee? My life is on hold and i feel a prisoner of my bladder.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to Abacterial Cystitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query ,Based on the facts that you have posted I would say that absence of any positive evidence with symptoms of infection and frequency for urination are due to what is called as Abacterial Cystitis .

Your Urologist has rightly advised you take small doses of antibiotics .

You need to take bladder antispasmodics like Darifenacin once daily along .This will help to reduce the pain and irritation of bladder .

Following general measure will help to resolve your symptoms to some extent.
1) Empty your bladder at frequent intervals
2) Avoid Coffee and aerated beverages ,
3) Practice Kegel Exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
They just found keukocytes and blood in urine, doctor gave me trimetoptrine/sulfametoxazol. So there is a bacareria?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get Urine Culture done

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

Presence of Leukocytes and blood suggests infection

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the type of organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Ensure to drink more water.to keep your urine dilute and help to control dysuria.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist