• question-icon

What causes constant lower back pain?

Posted on Wed, 22 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: I have experienced lower back pain for the last two weeks. My original assumption was that it was muscle strain, but it does not seem to be getting better. I am ambulatory and most of the pain seems to be in my hips and lower back. I did notice that if I am standing and look up, there is pain from my hips up to the middle of my back.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and supportive care,

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Pain in the back involving thighs at the age of 69 should be considered for spinal compression of nerves . Degenerative changes there are more likely to compress the nerve roots. So i would advise a spinal MRI and see how much is the extent. Along with it, i would suggest rest, physiotherapy exercises, painkillers, muscle relaxants and avoiding lifting heavy weights or bending or adapting any other poor posture.

Talk to your neurologist or spine doctor and let them figure it out. I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan