question-icon

What causes constant hunger throughout the day?

Posted on Mon, 25 Jul 2016
Question: My stomach has that hungry feeling, all of the time, even when I'm not hungry.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (59 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Can you write out a list of what a typical days consumption looks like?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this feeling and all the inconveniences this must have caused you. Feeling hungry is often related to insufficient food intake but illnesses such as hyperthyroidism or diabetes could be possible culprits. I will suggest that we start by evaluating your meal to see water it is enough or largely insufficient that mat explain this feeling. If I judge it to be if acceptable standards, I will suggest that we move forward to do basic tests screening for these common disease conditions.

I hope this helps I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.

Dr. Ivo Ditah