What causes constant dizziness and nausea?
I feel dizzy and nauseated for last 2-3 weeks.
Went to my doctor, he mentioned no gastritis, no ear infection or vertigo. doctor has mentioned give it more time and it may heal itself. One doctor mentioned it might be migraine related (but I have no headache and / or prior history of migraine).
Currently taking stemtil to relieve symptom.
Something that might be related but not sure ----
Three weeks ago, I started new job and sit in window facing seat, lot of bright light comes through this. If i sit in front of computer screen then it aggravates. BUT sometimes even in front of TV AND sometimes even without any screen / TV I feel dizzy or nauseated.
It is effecting my day to day routine. Can you suggest a cure?
Is there anyway you can help? Do you need more information?
forgot to mention that from last 2 weeks I am bit sensitive to light when ?I see outside the window and also sometimes (only sometimes) sensitive in my ears when someone speak louder.
Vertigo with photophobia
Welcome to. HCM and thanks for putting up the query.
According to your complaints, it seems to me as vertigo. Can you tell me if you were taking any medicines before this episode started? Any excessive alcohol intake?.
As you mentioned that there is aggravation in watching tv or computer, it can be related to your cervical spine..secondly the senstivity to loght can be neurological or due to some eye problem also.
I would advise that better to get examined by a neurologist and an ophthalmologist..also get one cervical spine xray done and an audiometry done to see the reason for your senstive ears
If i would have been treating you, i would give you tablet betahistine 16 mg three times everyday
tablet stemetil three times
capsule pantoprazole once daily
artificial tear drops
all medicines are available only on prescription.
You can follow up with your reports. Any queries are always welcome.
Get well soon.
Given that I am in Australia and most of the specialist are away till end of January so it might not be possible to see someone on immediate basis unless there is an emergency.
I have following queries:
1) The medicines you have prescribed can cause drowsiness? or any major side effect that can impact my regular day?
2) the meds are for cure or symptomatic relief? I am realdy taking Stemetil and Eye Drops. Got my eyes checked two weeks ago and everything is good.
3) Given it started recently and have no prior history can it cure by itself? Have you experienced cases like this before where it just goes away?
4) Vertigo causes spinning, correct? but i am not experiencing any spinning.
5) Is there anything I can do in the meantime (before I get to see doctors - as most of them are away).
Vertigo with photophobia
thanks for the follow up query
none of the medicines I have prescribed will cause any drowsiness
the medicines will definitely cure you
dizziness is also Vertigo only
as you said that you got your eyes examined so nothing more to be done else then continuing with the eye drops..
patients with such complaints are very common in ENT OPD and the most common reason for this comes out to be cervical problem due to prolonged sitting jobs.. photo phobia can be due to eye dryness
so you please need not worry the symptoms will take few days to go
in the meantime continue with the medicines I have told you along with cervical exercises also take some multivitamins along with this
also take a note of your sitting posture
hope my advice will definitely help you
you are always welcome with any further queries
get well soon
I couldn't get what u want to ask..the medicines can take upto 72 hrs to show their effect..if your asking something else, please clarify..
BPPV is vertigo of positional type..
All the medicines will work, so you should take them
pantoprazole is an antacid, i gave it to avoid any acidity due to other drugs..
Get well soon and avoid driving till this episode subsides..
Please don't hesitate and feel free to ask anytime..
Sir i can't get what is serc, please elaborate what is troubling you
stemetil or betahistine won't exaggerate the symptoms but still if you feel like u are not comfortable, i would suggest u to visit an ENT specialist BECAUSE examination might help to diagnose the things exactly..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes constant dizziness when suffering from under active thyroid
- Constant dizziness and vomitting in young child
- Constant dizziness causes
- What could have triggered constant dizziness and vertigo
- Symptoms of constant dizziness
- Constant dizziness with floaters
- Diagnosis of constant dizziness
- Treatment and cure for constant dizziness
- What could cause constant dizziness with mri being normal
- Gilberts syndrom constant dizziness