• question-icon

What causes clot formation in lower legs and edema?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Veins and Arteries
Question: Need to know symptoms of a blood clot forming in lower right leg with edema being caused by Aortic Valve stenosis?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consideration

Detailed Answer:
when clots form in the leg this can happen in response to several different provoking factors. One particular factor and trauma to the local area such as an injury or fall. This will disrupt normal blood flow. Number two would be a disruption of normal blood flow from above which causes blood to flow more slowly in the lower extremities. This can create a situation where a blood can form in the setting of stagnant blood flow.
if someone has aortic valve sugar disease this will certainly have an impact on the velocity of blood flow coming from and can you order 2 to 4 extremities. This can raise the risk for the development of lower
extremity deep vein thrombosis.

thank you again for sending the question.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist