What causes clear vaginal discharge and lump at vaginal entrance?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 28 Jan 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I have been loosing a clear non smelling discharge for a while now and decided to examine myself to which I saw a red spot like lump just inside my vaginal entrance. It almost looks like ive a small prolapse and this 'spot' is on the prolapse. What do you think it could be?
There is no bleeding and no pain.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to get it examined by a gynecologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query.

I understand your concern and I will try to help you.

For the first issue, increase vaginal discharge may be from any simple vaginal infection.
Hence, if it gives trouble you can contact with a doctor to prescribe a proper treatment like a course of metronidazole.

Second issue, a small bump in your vagina may be a uterine prolapse or cystocele or Rectocele (prolapse of bladder or rectum in the vagina).

Hence, you need to get it evaluated by a gynecologist and the treatment can be followed accordingly.

To make an exact diagnose you should have a per vagina exam.

All the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari