What causes chronic sleeplessness?
Low cortisol can cause insomnia.
I have gone through your query.
I can understand your concern.
You mention that your "not sleeping" problem has existed for 2 years.
This means that you have chronic insomnia.
Insomnia is called chronic when a person has insomnia at least three nights a week for a month or longer.
Anxiety, stress, and depression are some of the most common causes of chronic insomnia. Having difficulty sleeping can also make anxiety, stress, and depression symptoms worse.
Other common emotional and psychological causes include anger, worry, grief, and trauma.
Even low cortisol or adrenal insufficiency can cause insomnia.
If you were my patient,i will ask you to do the cortisol level to clarifie your adrenal actual situation.
TSH =10 means hypothyroidism and this can be another cause od sleeping difficulty.
I suggest to meet your treating endocrinologist to do the dosis adjustment of levothyroxine because your TSH test is not within the rang.
At the other side i will suggest to consult a psychologist because the stress is always an important element in cases with insomnia.
Hope this is helpful.
If you have other questions,feel free and ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sleeplessness causes
- What is causing depression sleeplessness and weakness
- Mucinex cause sleeplessness
- What is the cure for the muscle pains causing sleeplessness
- What causes sleeplessness in a 5 year old
- Does chemotherapy cause sleeplessness
- Will avil tablet cause sleeplessness
- Does buscopan cause sleeplessness
- What vaccinations can cause sleeplessness
- What can cause sleeplessness