• question-icon

What causes chronic back pain when diagnosed with kidney infection?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: symptoms of kidney infection please. I have chronic back pain from waist down but this pain has come on gradually and is above waist line. Is dull pain. I have never had kidney infection before
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult Urologist and get investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Pain in waist line and lower back can be due to either UTI associated with urinary stone and need to get investigated .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Endoscopic examination of bladder (Cystoscopy)

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist