question-icon

What causes chest pain and cough after quitting smoking?

Posted on Wed, 16 Dec 2015
Question: ive recently quit smokeing weed and im haveing chest pains and ive never experienced this befor im also coughing up what looks like tar I also had the feeling of going for a number to and what came oit to me looks like more tar also is this something that i should be concerned about or am I just worrying myself to much I took an image but its not tbe greatest
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Hemoptysis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
The picture you have loaded is suggestive if hemoptysis or blood in the sputum.
You should worry about it.
Meet a pulmonologist urgently.
Test a sputum culture sputum AFB chest x ray at the minimum.
Cytology may be needed if above tests are normal.
Treatment will vary with the reports.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information contained in this message will be able to help. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist