What causes cardiomyopathy?

Dr. Goswami Debopom

Posted on Mon, 11 May 2015 in General Health
Question: Dear Doctor I am 84 years old female my test was as follow: ejection fraction 60-65%
ivsd 1.27, ivsdd 4.41, ivsds2.50, ivsdwd1.28, aoroot 3.50cm, la diam 4.60cm lvmass 209.75, lvit diam 2.10
is there any med's or thing I can do to change and better my results?
thank you in advance for your help
i.l. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Goswami Debopom 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
To start on any medication , we decide based on your symptoms and signs.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic. Thank you for posting your query. I can understand your concern.

Let me interprete the ECHO report for you-
1. Ejection Fraction - normal
2. IV septal diameter - a bit increased
3. IVS end diastole - normal
4. IVS end systole - normal
5. Aortic root - normal
6. LA diameter - increased
7. LV mass - increased

It would have been great had you discussed about the problems you have like breathlessness or chest pain or fatigue or swelling of the legs.
By interpreting the ECHO , it seems you do have high blood pressure or have cardiomyopathy.

Do not worry much.

Visit a cardiologist. He/she can examine you and correlate clinically.
It is difficult to treat just by looking at the ECHO report.

Hope this helps.
Have a nice day.
regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj