What causes burning sensation in the stomach and diarrhea?

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: I have been having constant burning in my stomach and have had diarrhea for a week now. Last night I had blood in my stool - not just a little bit
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
DX-Gastroenteritis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.
I do understand your pain and discomfort.
As per your history is concerned please follow:-
1)As you have loose motions take plenty of water if required take [ORS] solution which is a non -prescription drugs after each bowel motion.If severe diarrhea present take IV saline drips at hospital or health centers.
2)Take probiotics lactobacillus[prescription not required] in capsules twice a day to normalize bacterial flora .
3)If you were my patient, i would treat you with antibiotic cefixime and metronidazole
[Both are prescription drugs,so you need a doctors prescription for it]
4)Take BRAT diet plan[bananas, rice, applesauce, toast] and gradually introduce solids
5)Follow me with stool [RE/ME] report with ESR & CRP
I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to write to me.
Wishing you all the best.
Thanks
DR U N SAHOO

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T