question-icon

What causes bundle branch block?

Posted on Mon, 5 May 2014
Question: Hi my name is Darryl I have a complete left bundle branch block I had a angiogram done I have no heart disease no blockage and I have never had a heart attack why did this happen?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: Primary problem of the nerve... Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Blockage is disease of blood vessels…Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). Bundle Branch Block is an EKG pattern – it may be the result of CAD / but not always. It can be an enlargement of Left Ventricle - from disease of muscle, valves, blood pressure and so on… Or infiltration from nearby tissues… Obviously, you don’t have any issues… Then, it must be a problem of the nerve itself! – Conduction System of the heart. It is at times a birth defect! – easy to see if we can compare with previous EKGs… Else, a defect in conduction / there are several reasons like change in electrolytes.. / occasionally a primary disease involving the conduction tissue – usually degenerative, which is most likely in your case… Generally, the ‘patient or doctor need not do anything Only a follow up is required… Take care Wishing all well God bless
Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist