What causes bulky uterus after a medical abortion?
Pls suggest if this required and what does this bulky uterus mean? I have light bleeding and its been a week and four days since my first pill.
D&C is not needed.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A bulky uterus means the uterus is slightly enlarged in size which is a normal finding after pregnancy. The uterus will come back to normal in next few weeks. D&C is not needed as full conceptus has been expelled.
The mild bleeding that you are having is a common side effect of abortion pills. This can be controlled with hormonal tablets or oral contraceptive pills. You can get these prescribed from your gynecologist.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Medical abortion bleeding for 6 weeks cause of concern
- Medical abortion what to expect
- What is a medical abortion
- Severe bleeding after a medical abortion what to do
- Dvt caused by medical abortion
- Tiredness after a medical abortion
- What causes absence of periods after a medical abortion
- What causes a bulky uterus
- Will medical abortion cause problem in future pregnancy
- What causes vaginal infection after a medical abortion