Owl Image

What causes brown vaginal discharge with itching?

Question
First sexual contact just over a week ago. No protection used. Fingered and he went in about an inch but I pushed against him to not let him go any further. Few days later brown discharge started with itching. Still having discharge red/brown with bloated stomach and lower abdominal pain
Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible sexually transmitted disease!

Detailed Answer:

Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these rather disturbing symptoms that you have reported. They are suggestive of a possible sexually transmitted infection. This calls for a full examination, laboratory testing and adequate treatment. Your partner should also be tested and treated accordingly. It must be a night mare for your first sexual experience to end up in such a horror. The damage is already done and what we can do at this point is to make sure we act well in time and adequately to prevent complications.

In all, possible STD. Get evaluated alongside your sexual partner for treatment. Please, protection during sexual intercourse to me is non negotiable. Always endeavor to good care of yourself even when having sex.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do fee free to ask for more information and clarification if need be.

Follow-up: What causes brown vaginal discharge with itching? 2 minutes later
Could i be pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
Hi, each time you have unprotected sex, you can get pregnant. However, these symptoms are not suggestive of a possible pregnancy at this time. The risk of being pregnant is real.

When was your last menses and when is the next due?

Follow-up: What causes brown vaginal discharge with itching? 7 minutes later
Last was 12/13 july and due again 9/10 august .

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Too early to judge!

Detailed Answer:
Please, it is too early to tell whether you are pregnant or not. Let us patiently wait up to at least the 9/10 of August before rushing to conclusions about this.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Beside, are you trying to conceive?