What causes brown pigmentation on hand?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 23 Sep 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a brown spot on my had it is a little scaly it is not a mole could it be cancer?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

I request you to kindly upload an image so that i am able to guide you better.

You can upload an image either at Reports Section

Or

You may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line as attention:Dr. Kakkar.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 34 hours later
Here is a picture of a brown spot on my hand let me know what you think its is
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Patch of pigmentation; Not cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Thank you.

I have reviewed the Image.
No its certainly not cancer. This seems like a patch of pigmentation. Was it preceded by an inflammatory or red skin lesion?
I see that you are a patient of psoriatic arthritis and on ustekinumab. Did you had any skin lesions of psoriasis at this site?
I suggest you to apply a moderately potent topical steroid e.g triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% cream Or mometasone furoate 0.1% cream, twice daily for a few days.
You may also take a tablet of Vitamin C once daily.