What causes breathing difficulty with chest and throat tightness and fatigue?

Excellent

Question
Difficulty in breathing, chest and throat tightness, fatigue and feeling sleepy.
Hi Doctor, I'm having above symptoms since 10 days, i had consulted doctor and he had done ECG, X-Ray and blood and thyroid test and said everything is normal and gave me the following medicine for three days,
Tab. Taxim -O 200mg - twice a day
Tab. PAN 40mg Before food - twice a day

though i have taken these medicine i'm still having the same symptoms.

Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Spirometry

Detailed Answer:

I need some more details to be able to understand the problem better.

Do you smoke?
Do you have allergies or Asthma?
Does it start with cough ? If yes did it have sputum?
How long can you walk without breathless?

The above medicines will treat you for infection. I suggest you to do steam inhalation thrice a day by applying vicks to the chest. It can be more helpful.

If I suspect it could be bronchitis.

Avoid cold and uncooked stuff. Eat at home and increase water intake. If these do not benefit you may need spirometry / lung function assessment.

Waiting for your reply.

Follow-up: What causes breathing difficulty with chest and throat tightness and fatigue? 42 hours later
Hello Doctor
Sorry for the late replay.

1. Do you smoke?
No, i don't smoke

2. Do you have allergies or Asthma?
Yes, i've Asthma, last week i've visited doctor and he did spirometry test and said it is normal. I've attached the report please review it.

3. Does it start with cough ? If yes did it have sputum?
No, i don't have cough or sputum.

4.How long can you walk without breathless?
I can able to walk around 20 to 25 steps without breathing.

Also i've noticed that A/G radio in liver function test is high. I'm attaching all the reports done in last week. Please review it.

Thank you

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 47 hours later
Brief Answer:
A trial bronchodilator therapy can be given

Detailed Answer:

There was no signs of infection, the TAXIM-O has no meaning in your case in the absence of infection. The A/G ratio in the liver function needs further evaluation with liver enzymes.

I suggest a review by Pulmonologist in your area. I think we can go with a trial bronchodilator therapy through inhalation route whenever there is breathlessness. If this improves the symptoms it makes sense to be put on minimal dose of bronchodilators delivered through aerosol. I would refer such borderline cases of hyperactive airway disease to a Pulmonologist for a diagnosis and management.

Hope this gives you a direction ahead.