What causes body stiffness in the mornings?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Men Sexual Problems
Question: Dear Doctor

My question is related to what is already mentioned below. After ejeaculation, my body get stiff atleast all one day, that means my legs, my hand, my overall body even my feet as well. I am only 32 years old and really worried. This even happen if I had a wet dream. Once wake up in the morning, whole day my body is stiff and also hurts. In addition, also got loads of pain sometime not always in my both knees. In addition, I also had a problem of hayfever, and after ejaculation, my symptons of hayfever increase, means I start sneezing a lot including running nose. Overall I don't feel weakness, I don't excercise, weight is around 84 KG, height is around 5 feet 11 inch
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
There may be arthritis,check up necessary

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
I can say from your narration that there is possibility of arthritis you are having.Likely it is rheumatoid arthritis as there is morning stiffness.
Another possibility is you are suffering from hey fever so this allergic condition might be related to some arthritis.
Any sexual activity causes many hormonal changes in the body as well as in brain.Androgens and prostaglandins are secreted during sexual activity.After ejaculation these hormones cause neurotransmitter changes at joint nerves endings and induce inflammation in synovial fluid which is responsible for stiffness of the body.
Same way after ejaculation your hey fever symptoms increased due to hormonal changes.
Considering your weight and height, your Body Mass Index is around 26 so you are little bit overweight also.
I would like to suggest investigation like Rhematoid factor,Complete Blood Count and ESR.
So with above points keeping in mind you can visit doctor. Physician will examine and decide what investigations should be done.After diagnosis established , treatment can be done.
Hope, I have answered your query.You are welcome if any follow up question.
Regards,Dr. Chintan Solanki.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D