What causes bluish discolouration with throbbing pain in groin area?
To rule out possibility of Deep vein thrombosis
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Bluish discolouration associated with throbbing pain suggest the possibility of Deep vein thrombosis especially if there is oedema/swelling of the limb.
Exact diagnosis will depend on clinical examination. I would suggest you to consult your Physician or vascular surgeon for further assessment.
In the meantime you could also send us the clinical photograph for further assessment.
Do keep me updated about your progress.
Awaiting your response.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
I did go to Urgent Care after posting my question and the doctor said to take aspirin and see if the leg swells or gets worse in 3 days. If so then go to the ER, if not then she thinks it maybe a pulled muscle.
If the problem persists , you may require assessment by color Doppler scan.
Wishing you a very happy and healthy life.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Throbbing pain causes
- What is the cause of throbbing pain in the head
- What causes pulsating and throbbing pain in the ear
- What is causing throbbing pain on one side of head
- Throbbing pain in groin and testicle
- Throbbing pain in left groin
- What causes throbbing pain and swelling in throat
- Deep throbbing pain in groin
- What could be cause of intense throbbing pain in head
- What could cause a throbbing pain in the head