What causes blood in stool and pain below ribs?
Gastroeneteritis. Need doctor to examine.
Hi , thanks for writing to us.
Looking at the symptoms you have mentioned here, it suggests infection of stomach and intestines-gastroenteritis.
It ll be better if a doctor examines your daughter and prescribes the appropriate medications.
She ll require oral antibiotics for treatment.
Till you meet your doctor, keep your child well hydrated with ORS-oral rehydration solution powder available in all medical stores.
Thank you, regards. Hope I have answered your query.
Hi, thanks for the follow up.
All the symptoms are suggesting an infection. So it ll be better if a doctor examines her and start the treatment. If it was just pain with no blood in stools , I would tell it is just a gastritis , but since she has the symptoms you have mentioned I would suspect an infection.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain below ribs on right side
- Cause for pain below the rib-cage and abnormal stool
- What causes pain below the ribs
- What causes pain below the rib cage
- What causes rib pain and soreness
- What causes severe pain below ribs and painful urination
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool
- Cause of testicle pain pain below ribs weakness
- What causes abdominal pain with blood in stool
- What causes barping and pain below the ribs and fever