What causes blood in semen after lifting heavy weight?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am 72 yrs old and am having very bloody seamen but no blood in my urin. I lifted a heavy weight around late Dec and injured myself in the groin area, the doc said probably pulled some muscles and it would take a while to heal. Might that have something to do with my symptoms?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not due to pulled muscles

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Hematospermia after lifting heavy weight is unlikely .The source of blood in semen is either from Seminal Vesicle or Prostate (Mostly Enlarged Prostate)and needs to be investigated .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Semen examination and Semen culture .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.