What causes black discolouration in stool?
Monotor your blood pressure, haemoglobin and get stool examination
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). I dont think it can be due to acupuncture as needles are inserted superficially and are not so deep to injure bowel wall. Black tarry stool may be due to some diet only. However I will still advise you to monitor your blood pressure, get your stool examination for any blood and monitor your haemoglobin levels. As if there is any blood loss in stool then blood pressure may be low, stool examination wil show blood, and Haemoglobin will fall. If any of this abnormality happen then visit a Gastroenterologist for evaluation who may do endoscopy or may be colonoscopy examination to see the source of bleeding
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Peanut causing stool discolouration
- What causes a meth addict have black stool
- What causes black tarry stools
- What causes black runny stool
- What causes a black paste stool
- What causes black specks in stool
- What causes black watery stools
- What causes black stools
- Noticed black specks in stool what could be causing this
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause