What causes bad vaginal odor in a PCOD patient?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi Doctor,
Few months back I was prescribed cansoft for vaginal infection. At that time I had bad odour and color discharges. Now, I only have the same bad odour with no discharges. Can I use the same cansoft for 3 days. I have a history of PCOD and this happens usually after sex.
Please let me know if I can use the cansoft tab again.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
bacterial vaginosis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
It seems like you have developed vaginitis with possible bacterial vaginosis. So you should be ideally getting a vaginal swab culture done to isolate the organism which is likely trichomonas vaginalis which needs antibiotic treatment. However the fungal element can be taken care of by consort so you may use it and if it doesn't subside then please use CLINGEN VAGINAL PESSARY INSTEAD for next 3-6 days. That would help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 45 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thank you for the response!!

I forgot to mention. I had taken 2 doses of FAS 3 kit last time, please let me know

1. if I can take 1 dose of the same again and cansoft cl for 3 days.

2. if FAS kit can be taken during periods

3. precautions to avoid such infections

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
You may take the FAS 3 KIT again stat and that should help with the infection. It should not be taken during menses as the effect is not evident.
Secondly the most common cause is inter-infection from partner and often poor hygiene. Hence the partner is usually treated along with to prevent inter-infection and recurrence.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for the response!!

Will take 1 dose of FAS 3 KIT and 3 cansoft cl post my periods.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
thanks

Detailed Answer:
that would be fine.

if no further queries then you may please close this query.