What causes backache?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Question: Hi
I have backache
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need details.

Detailed Answer:
Common causes of back pain are-

Poor postural habits
Muscular strain
Ligaments sprain
Herniated disc
Spinal stenosis
Osteoporosis
Fibromyalgia

To allow me to help you better, please let me know if you also have any of the following complaints:
- Pain radiating to lower limbs
- Parasthesia and numbness in lower limb
- Weakness in lower limbs
- Back pain develops after lifting heavy weight or strenuous activity
- Pain associated with stiffness in your back
- Pain aggravated on forward bending
- Pain in other joints

Also let me know duration of pain (from how long you are suffering from this pain).

Once I have these answers, we would be able to discuss the treatment better.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad