Owl Image

What causes backache, vaginal discharge, cervical pain and blood in the urine?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
My wife complained of sore lower back, urine bloody discharge, back pain, pain above cervix, and swollen feet and hands.

the doctor ruled out a UTI and did four urine test. one of them showed an abnormal count in cells? doctor said there were no kidney stones. she needs to do a daily urine test for three days and to also get a scan of her bowel and kidneys and cervix. the doctor kept asking if anyone had died from bowel or cervicial cancer in her family. I am so worried. what could it be??
Sun, 21 Jan 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information and post reports and photographs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
I can understand the anxiety one gets after listening about cancer.
Please give me some additional information so that I can assist you better.
What is the age of your wife?
Since when are the symptoms present?
Since when are the hands and feet swollen and to what extent? Post the clear the focused photos as these help in diagnosis.
Any consultation with a Gynecologist?
Please post all the reports as they are.

Stop worrying as cancers are not common in young age.

Follow-up: What causes backache, vaginal discharge, cervical pain and blood in the urine? 7 hours later
She went in and had four urine tests; all had abnormal cell counts. They assessed her for kidney and urine stones; negative.

They said no UTI.

My wife has been getting stomach pain, urinating blood, fatigue; pain in lower back on both sides. The doctor said they felt a strange mass above her cervix, and kept asking her if she had a history of bowel or cervical cancerm They ordered a three day urine test, and scans of her abdomen, kidneys, cervix and bowels.

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
CT scan of abdomen and pelvis, please post reports.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
The history you have provided indicates problem with urinary tract, cervix. The back ache can be secondary to the primary problems.
I would advise you the following in such a case:
Request for an opinion of a Gynecologist for clinical evaluation and proper per-vaginal examination to ascertain the exact cause so that a proper diagnosis and management can be done.
CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis can give further better diagnosis relate to all the problems that you have mentioned.
If the urine tests showed abnormal cells, I would like to see the exact reports.
Please post the reports of the investigations if you have. You can attach to this query.