What causes anxiety attacks, excessive sweating and palpitations while on Cymbalta?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: I've had anxiety attacks before and this seems similar. Heavy sweating, palpatations mostly -
on cymbalta and just took .05 mg zanex - all prescribed
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes you did right

Detailed Answer:

Xanax 0.5 mg for anxiety attack is an absolutely right approach. If you do not get relief in 4 hours , you can take one more.

Let me know if you have any history of physical illness (like cardiac problem,blood pressure, diabetes).

- How did current episode of anxiety start (at what time, what was you ding and was there any stress) ?

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 2 hours later
Just like the word anxiety attack I got anxious this morn. It has eased up. I do have high blood pressure which is under control (generic lotril), high cholestoral which is under control with a statin.
Biggest diffrence in medication is I blew 2 lower disk and had an epideral, I believe, cortiszone shot lat week (sp??)

Thanks for the validation of my treatment method
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes cortisone can cause such symptoms

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for information.

It is good that blood pressure and cholesterol are under control.

Yes cortisone can cause such anxiety symptoms. It can be due to effect of cortisone or withdrawal from it. In any case if attacks are recurrent now, you should consult your psychiatrist to modify treatment (either increasing dose of cymbalta or adding klonopin for short term).