What causes anal discharge?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 17 Dec 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: For the past few weeks, I have had what I would call anal leakage. It isn't enough to stain my clothes but I have to go to the bathroom and wipe again every few hours. What might cause this? The only change I can think of is that recently stopped taking Adderall. My doctor's knows I stopped. Could that be related?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to hcm

Detailed Answer:
No, it should not be related to adderall stopping and i dont see relation between anal leakage and any other drug. It should be evaluated what kind of leak is it. it can be serosal fluid, pus, feces or some other content. it can be seen in various perianal and anal diseases such as fistulas, fisures, abscesses, incontinence or polyps. So if condition persist you should see proctologist and if fever, pain or lump in perianal area occur then you need to see doctor as soon as possible. WIsh you good health. Regards