What causes pain in the bladder while coughing?
Yes hard cough does cause strain to bladder.
Thanks for using Health care magic for your health concern.I have read your query & understand your concern.
Yes, it is possible to stress bladder with hard coughing .. as coughing causes strong movements of abdominal muscles to press the bladder down (& pull it up too). & cause incontinence & also soreness/ pain in bladder
* Mostly the symptoms are cleared after cough treatment & can be controlled only with anti inflammatory medicines & having sufficient of water intake.
- Normally such pain without any urinary complications can be managed by taking Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs over the counter (like Ibuprofen) &drinking plenty of plain water
* But persistence of symptoms / the pain while urination, suggests possibility
- Presence of urine / bladder infection..
-Bladder stone causing bladder symptoms,
-possibility of bladder being bulged in vaginal vault ( Cystocoele).. leading to incomplete voiding of urine, causing some urine to collect(residual) in bladder, distension of blabber & pain.
In this scenario there would be need of detailed physical check up by a specialist along with investigations like urine routine test/ culture, USG scan after passing urine( as per need ) .
Followed by specific treatment by a physician would relieve you .Please consult your hysterectomy surgeon./ Kidney specialist.
I hope that answers your query. Do ask if you need some more information.
I would like to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of pain in gall bladder area
- What causes severe pain in bladder and penis
- What causes abdominal pain while walking and coughing
- What causes the grabbing squeezing pain in the gall bladder
- What causes pain in head by coughing
- What is the cause of chest pain and cough
- What could be causing bladder pain
- What causes pain in the left rib while coughing
- Pain while coughing causes
- Causes of bladder pain symptoms