question-icon

What causes abnormal marrow signals in the femur?

Posted on Mon, 5 Dec 2016
Question: How serious is abnormal marrow signal in the femur
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel (29 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
May be serious or may not be

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon
Your query is about about abnormal marrow signals in the femur.
Abnormal bone signals in the marrow can arise from number of conditions like any mild injury may lead to altered marrow signals . Any change is bone marrow due to tumor / fracture / osteoporosis / infection etc can lead to such changes.
Kindly let me the whole MRI report so that I can respond with more clarity on the subject.
I hope I have answered your query and please feel free to ask any further questions, and send your MRI report.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. REMY KOSHY
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon