What causes bone marrow edema?

Oncologist
Question
What cause bone marrow edema ?
My mri found 9 mm region of bone edema on iliac part of si joint on the left side
I’m concerneed it might be malignant

I have visited a dr but they don’t know what to tell me and in the meantime I can’t finction and I have si pain
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Bone marrow

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

The main causes responsible for bone marrow edema include:are medical conditions such as synovitis (inflammation of the synovial membrane,osteoarthritis, osteoporosis.infections,cancer etc.

To make the cancer diagnosis it’s complicated.
You should not be conserd for this,because at this case your doctor will had informed you about the diagnosis

The pain it’s symptom of bone marrow edema sindrome .Your doctor will helps you to find the right treatment

Best regards