What causes abdominal pain with painful urination?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in GERD
Question: I had some stomach pains for the last threee days, very much like ulcer pains, I have been told once before that it was probably an ulcer by a doctor. This morning when urinating it kinda hurt a little, almost like a burn and when I looked there was blood in my urine but not in my stool. Can I just change my diet and be okay or should I go see a doc today?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 15 minutes later
Brief answer....must consult a doctor for thorough evaluation because your symptoms suggest that you may be having  stones in your ureter or kidneys
Detailed answer...
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Your symptoms of pain abdomen with burning in your urine Along with blood in urine suggests that you may be having stones in your ureter.
You must consult your doctor for proper investigations and then management according to the reports. Any dietary change is not going to help you.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T