What causes abdominal pain with black stool?
Hi and welcome to HCM
Thanks for the query.
These are typical signs of acute diverticulitis if pain is located in lower left abdomen. Several days are necessary till antibiotics start to work so you can expect improvement soon,just need to be patient, eat easier food and drink plenty of fluids. In 95% of cases diverticulits can be treated with 10-14 days of ciprofloxain and metronidasole antibiotic course and pain will completely subside in this period. But in minority of cases, it may lead to some more serious intraabdominal scenarios such as abscess or bowel perforation so it is important to seek for medical attention in time. At this point I dont think it is necessary to do further tests and change treatemnt. But if pain worsens, high grade fever occur or abdomen become painful diffusely, then you must go to ER and do CT scan. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pains after delivery diarrhoea passing black stools digestive infection
- Diarrhea black stool vomiting and abdominal pain stomach flu cure
- Abdominal pain and black stool
- Black stool abdominal pain fever
- Emergency room for black stool abdominal pain
- What causes black stools
- Have abdominal pain sweating black stools help
- Black stool constipation abdominal pain
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea and bloody stool
- What causes abdominal pain with blood in stool
- Undergone subtotal coloctomy. Found fluctuating hemoglobin level. On...
- Frequent stomach ache, shaky hands and dizziness. How to overcome this...
- Sore feet with burning and tingling sensation. How to overcome this...
- Diagnosed with internal hernia. What treatment should be done for cure?
- Diagnosed with peptic ulcer and severe stomach inflammation. Looking for...
- Not active sexually. What is the reason for missed period?
- Feeling weakness and tingling in arm. Is this a sign of any serious...
- Started spotting after period. No itching, burning or foul smell. Sign...
- Cryoablation done for prostate cancer. Noticed swollen penis testicles...
- Having pain in shoulder. What is causing this and required treatment?