What causes abdominal pain after medical abortion?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: I've been having abdominal pain off and on since I had a medical abortion of May 29th. They checked to make sure it was complete, and it was, but the andominal pain has persisted. Should I be concerned this far out?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

Detailed Answer:

Before giving to answer your query, I need some additional information to assist you better and give proper guideline.

1) Do you get regular period following abortion? If yes, what is last period date?

2) Do you undergo any ultrasound scan after abortion? If yes, kindly upload it.

3) Exact location of abdominal pain? Any other symptoms like fever, discharge?

Waiting for your response.

Dr S Patra
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 7 minutes later
1. I think i had one regular period on July 25th that lasted 5 days. I have had some spotting between, and some tinted, odorless discharge.
2. Yes, iI had a vaginal ultrasound after the abortion, i do not habe it to upload, but they said it was all eliminated,
3. Lovation ofpain is below belly button, no fever, just discharge mentioned above. It is sensitive when i press on my abdomen as well.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
PELVIC INFECTION. FOLLOW THE ADVICE.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for additional information.

According to your information, it is more suggestive of pelvic or vaginal infection following medical abortion. Hormonal imbalance, stress, indigestion problem are relative underlying causes.

In this case, I suggest to take one course of antibiotic and IRON supplement to get rid off this problem. Anti-spasmodic medication like Drotaverine can be given to reduce abdominal pain. It should be taken with antacid like Ranitidine etc.

Take healthy diet and drink more water. Maintain genital hygiene properly. Kindly, procure complete prescription from your doctor.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr S Patra

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326