What causes a yellow sticky discharge from the vagina?
Details are given below.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) Beside infection or thrush, following factors can increase the risk of abnormal discharge (yellowish):
Physiological (sometimes), Mental stress, Hormonal imbalance, Exercise, Change in diet, Medications, Poor personal hygiene, Certain types of clothing.
2) Treatment: a) Eat plenty of phytoestrogenic foods, such as soy and flax seed, to help replace the missing estrogen. Drink more water.
b) Topical estrogen cream can be useful for maintaining of lubrication. Maintain genital hygiene properly.
c) Take a shower as soon as possible after a workout or strenuous activity, as sweat and moisture can create an environment for possible infections.
d) Wear cotton underwear to improve air circulation around the vagina. Keep the area dry as much as possible. Do routine Pap smear test.
Hope I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bloody discharge that tickles vagina
- What causes white fluid discharge from vagina
- What is the cause for clear mucousy discharge from vagina
- What are the underlying causes for brown discharge from vagina
- What causes odorous discharge from the vagina
- What causes lump in vagina and watery blood discharge
- What causes weird white discharge and itching in the vagina
- What causes burning in vagina heavy discharge and constipation
- Keloid in the vagina cause discharge
- What causes pink blood discharge form vagina