What causes a rash on the penis tip after swimming in ocean?

Dr. R.G. Joshi

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a rash/little cuts on the tip of my penis. Yesterday I went swimming in the ocean then walked 3 miles on and off the beach wearing the same tight bathing suit. A men's bathing suit with that mesh liner.
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yeast infection,candid b cream.

Detailed Answer:
Hello,Thanks for writing to health care magic.I can understand your concern.

Rash with cuts over penis suggest candidiasis.

It seems infection caused by yeast known as candida.Keeping same bath suit while walking probably created a moist environment which is favorable for yeasts.

Keep area dry as far possible. Regularly change your undergarments and other clothes.Make sure your bath suit is dry and free from infection.Soaking it with dusting powder after use will help to reduce fungus.

For rash and cuts you can apply a combination cream like candid b .Use it for 4 to 5 days.Clean area only with water and avoid soap and antiseptics.

I hope this will help you.In case of any concern I will be happy to help you.Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj