What causes a rash on the palm of the hand?
I thought there was a wAy to send photo on here but not able
Here is a picture
likely urticaria or dermatits but need more information.
I have seen the picture you uploaded.
It might be a physical urticaria or dermatitis but I will need more information in order to guide you better.
As there any itching or burning sensation or pain on hand?
Any history of injury or trauma?
Since when you have noticed it?
Any medications tried?
Kindly get back to me with these answers, I will guide you accordingly after that.
Topical steroid may help.
Thanks for more information.
Since it is there from 2 weeks then there is more possibility of dermatitis rather than urticaria.
But I will also want to rule out herpes (chances are less) if I were your treating doctor by complete clinical examination with some relevant tests.
Alone antiseptic application of neosporin might not help but I will suggest you to use combination of steroids with antiseptic like betnovate-N (betamethasone and neomycin) or Clovate-N (clobetasol and neomycin).
There will possibly be no need of oral antibiotics use here.However,oral antihistamines like cetrizine 10 mg or benadryl will be helpful for itching.
If still rashes persist even after 2 to 3 days of above treatment,then better to see dermatologist for further evaluation.
Steroids are prescription drugs.
Thanks for asking again,
Since steroids are prescription drugs,you may need to see some local doctor or GP who will prescribed it.
Other antihistamines are over the counter drugs which will be available in any pharmacy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hand palms are very hot what could be causing this
- What could be the cause for rash on hand
- What causes reddeness on palms
- Causes of rash on palms
- What causes hot palms
- What causes sticky palms
- Plavix causing hands palms peeling
- Cause of shivering in left hand palm
- Wrinkled palm of hands cause
- What causes black palms
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?