What causes a pimple under the skin adjacent to the eye socket?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Blind pimple next to my eye socket next tk my nose.
Started off being a tiny little bump.
Woke up the next morning to have a bit of swelling.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 10 minutes later
upload an image of the area please
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 24 minutes later
This is a picture of it
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

There is some degree of swelling. However, with no tenderness, pain, erythema (Redness), fever and visual changes, its unlikely to be a serious infective cause. An insect bite, undue pressure, soft tissue swelling and a boil are the likely differential with such swelling.

I would recommend local application of an ointment containing polymyxin B and bacitracin thrice a day topically on the swelling / bump. If I were your prescribing physician then I would also prescribe Oral Ibuprofen and serratiopeptidase. to counter the swelling. Most likely it will resolve within a week.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil