Suggest treatment for itchy eyelids
warm compress, gentle scrub. Topical antibiotic may be needed
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Itching of the eyelids can be due to allergies or an infection of the eyelids.
The use of claritine should help if it is related to an allergy unless you are persistently exposed to the source of the allergy
In addition to this medication, you may try the following: (1) application of heat to warm the eyelid gland secretions and promote cleaning of the passages for the secretions.
This means that a warm compress (eg a washcloth soaked water, soaked gauze) should be applied to the eyelid repeatedly.
(2)Clean by gentle scrubbing of the eyelid with a warm washcloth. There are some preparations that can be used eg ocusoft, oasis. Some persons use a few drops of baby shampoo in a bottle cap of warm water
If there is no improvement with these methods and the claritine, then you may need topical antibiotics as well such as polymyxin b, bacitracin, erythromycin
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cellulitis of eyelid treatment
- Eyelid infection treatment
- Treatment for star on eyelid
- Stye on lower eyelid treatment
- Treatment for milia on lower eyelids
- Pulsating eyelid treatment
- Suggest treatment for swelling and burning sensation on the eyelids
- Eyelid twitching ayurvedic treatment
- Treatment for spider bites to eyelid
- Eyelid milia treatment
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...