What causes a pimple on the testicle?

Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: (Male) recently i found a pimple on the right side of my testicles. i popped it pus and everything came out just like a normal pimple. since then more of those " pimples" started forming. they are swore to the touch and look like the top of a volcano ( being imprinted in the center). i thought it was a a type of acne so i have been putting benzyl peroxide on it. during application the sites burns for about a minute, but after while they do not go away. Now some of them still look like a volcano and some are getting smaller, however the smaller ones still have the volcano shape and still feel like there is something inside just like how a pimple feels. i did some research and the only thing that i can say it looks like is papules,pustules,Nodules, and also a STAPH infection. Now these areas rub against my legs when i walk. Lastly i have been putting hydrogen peroxide ( which does bubble on contact, but i have to put droplets on it) and rubbing alcohol ( which stings on contact). What is this?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Steatocystoma multiplex most probably

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM...

I read history you provided and saw the photos. After that I conclude that most probable diagnosis may be Steatocystoma multiplex. The condition comprises multiple sebaceous cysts on the various parts of the body. In your case the scrotal skin is involved. There are multiple,small to large, flesh coloured to whitish cysts located on the scrotum. Few cysts are ruptured and converted in to ulcers due to benzoyl peroxide ...you applied.

Kindly consult the dermatologist and have perfect and proper treatment. However, I would suggest...

- a short course of antibiotics after a thorough examination of the area
- anti inflammatory drugs
- apply antibiotic cream(eg. Mupirocin twice daily for next 5 days)
- avoid soap bath
- Sitz bath in dettol mixed water.

After healing of erosed and ulcerated lesions, you may go for surgery of all cysts.For that consult the surgeon. After thorough examination and investigations, he may do surgical excision under local anaesthesia.

I hope this would guide you to have proper treatment. Kindly avoid home treatment. Always consult the doctor and have proper treatment.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee