What causes a pimple on the testicle?
Steatocystoma multiplex most probably
Welcome to HCM...
I read history you provided and saw the photos. After that I conclude that most probable diagnosis may be Steatocystoma multiplex. The condition comprises multiple sebaceous cysts on the various parts of the body. In your case the scrotal skin is involved. There are multiple,small to large, flesh coloured to whitish cysts located on the scrotum. Few cysts are ruptured and converted in to ulcers due to benzoyl peroxide ...you applied.
Kindly consult the dermatologist and have perfect and proper treatment. However, I would suggest...
- a short course of antibiotics after a thorough examination of the area
- anti inflammatory drugs
- apply antibiotic cream(eg. Mupirocin twice daily for next 5 days)
- avoid soap bath
- Sitz bath in dettol mixed water.
After healing of erosed and ulcerated lesions, you may go for surgery of all cysts.For that consult the surgeon. After thorough examination and investigations, he may do surgical excision under local anaesthesia.
I hope this would guide you to have proper treatment. Kindly avoid home treatment. Always consult the doctor and have proper treatment.
Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes underground pimples
- What causes pimples on face
- What causes boiler pimples?
- What causes pimples in the womb
- What causes pimples on chin
- What causes pimple on the areola
- What causes pimples in ear canal
- What hormone causes pimples
- What causes smelly pus in pimples
- What causes a stinky pimple