What causes a mouth ulcer after protected sexual intercourse?

Posted on Tue, 5 Sep 2017 in Infections
Question: Hiv risk after protected sex
Around 74 days back, I had protected sex with a CSW in budapest. Condom was worn before we begin the act. After the act i had a look at it, I could see my semen collected in the reservoir tip. There was no other visible wear or tear.
It was my first time, and i am an uncircumcised male. I happen to notice a damage/abrasion on my inner foreskin later while having bath. Im not sure if this could be because of the friction.
On 29th day i developed high fever and dry cough. Went to a doctor. He said it is LRTI and put me on antibiotics. Also developed a mouth ulcer while on antibiotics. I noticed that 2 other family members also had the same illness with same symptoms around the same time. 1 or 2 days difference. No on 68th day, i again developed a mouth ulcer which is disturbing me mentally.
What is your opinion on the above scenario?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I suggest to do a 4th generation HIV test.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

I read carefully your history and I think that based on the fact that there was no semen on the condom exist the possibility of being torn off during the intercourse.
Based on this data and being uncircumcised I think exist the risk to get HIV infection or STD.
According your symptoms you should know that is not easy to define if are related to HIV or just could be a pneumonia and aphthous stomatitis not related to HIV.

Furthermore, I suggest to do a 4th generation HIV test after 4-6 weeks and STI tests as well.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 27 hours later
Sorry? I did not get you. I could see the semen collected inside the condom tip. That's what I meant.
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
This could be just from the friction.

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry that I found the situation wrong.

Since you had protected sexual intercourse and not damaged the condom, there is no risk to get HIV infection or STI.

The only risk is to get HSV2 and syphilis from the skin to skin contact.
However, your situation could be just from the friction and pneumonia. The mouth ulcer is not likely to be related to HIV.

I hope my answer helps you. Feel free to ask further.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist