What causes a butterfly shaped rash on neck when diagnosed with pituitary tumor?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have a pituitary tumor and have been otherwise healthy since it was discovered that it had caused empty sella It is about the size of a Lima bean but all tests have come back that my pituitary still functions . For the last 7 months I have had a butterfly shaped rash on the skin on my neck. Could this be related in some way to my pituitary condition?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Skin rash is unrelated.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.

Skin rash is not related to pituitary tumor. A clinical examination of the rash would give a clue towards its cause. The common causes are infection (such as fungal infections) and auto-immune diseases (such as SLE).

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad